● 3 to 4 days a week including some Saturdays, working hours are 9.30 – 4.30 plus any overtime required. Extra days will occasionally be required to cover holidays.
● Job includes serving & advising customers on sewing related queries so must have a good eye for colour & knowledge of a sewing craft (embroidery, quilting, etc)
● Requires a polite and good telephone manner to answer the phone
● Be computer literate with a basic knowledge
● Fill website orders, manage website and shop stock
● Must be trustworthy, reliable, patient, work methodically, accurately, tidily & work well as part of a small team.
● Must be good at maths.
● A knowledge of retail is an advantage but not essential.
Please be aware this role can be physically demanding, with lifting, carrying & cutting fabric, and you are on your feet most of the day. Following current guidelines we also ask customers and staff to wear a mask whilst customers are in the shop.
If you are interested in joining our happy team, and receiving a generous staff discount, please send a CV & covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop one into the shop for the attention of Sally.
Closing date Sunday 10th October 2021